thinking out loud
all your compliments and your cutting remarks are captured here in the quotation marks
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
so true, so true...
from jodie foster, speaking about her kids:
"Every once in a while I'll have one of those days when I've fed the fish, cleaned 10 poops from the patio, taken the cat to the vet, sewn my son's stupid karate stars on until my fingers bleed and made sure that he has everything, and he wakes up and goes, 'Oh, what's for breakfast?' He doesn't know, and why should he? Right?
But there's absolutely no sort of acknowledgment or reward for this – except for the intangible of my kids growing up to be wonderful people."
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
you'd think that i could muster up a little soft shoe gentle sway
sorry-work has been crazy and life has been having its usual ups and downs for me. i've been composing posts in my head, but they don't seem to be making the transition down my arms to the keyboard. hope to do better soon. for now, you get a list:
- we're finally having some nice, not too humid, not too thunder-y weather. the kind that makes me want to roll down the car windows and blast my disco/hiphop/funk music. makes me look like a hip mama rolling in my minivan. rriiigghhhtt.
- because of the weather, our tomatoes are starting to ripen! unfortunately, the lettuce is floudering. also the radishes seem to be taking their sweet time growing.
- rory has turned into a waterbug. loves the water, wants to be in it as much as possible and spend entire days in her bathing suit.
- alix is not liking the water so much. she'll wade in, but would much rather just watch. she is turning into a little chatter box. even expounding extensively on important 3 year old subjects to herself when she's just chilling.
- i'm realizing that after i run (or run and walk) the half marathon at the end of the month, i may be done with longer runs for the rest of my life. i've had a tough time with my back for the last 6 months, so it may be occasional running, biking, swimming and walking for this 42 year old body from here on in.
- hey anyone want to sponsor me for my run? let me know in the comments and i'll tell you how!
- there is a 50/50 chance that i may go to Kosovo for work in september. COOL!